The producer of processors, modems, platforms, and other connected components faced macroeconomic challenges in the semiconductor industry. It began 2023 with a hiring freeze and other cost-cutting efforts in place.
- The company’s $44 billion in revenue in 2022 was a $32% increase from 2021. It rose nine places on the Fortune 500 this year.
- CEO Cristiano Amon has expressed confidence in Qualcomm’s ability to invest in areas that will deliver long-term value, such as A.I.
- In May 2023, Qualcomm announced plans to acquire Autotalks, a chipmaker that builds semiconductor and system-on-a-chip technology for vehicle safety. As part of the deal, Qualcomm plans to integrate Autotalks’ communication tech into its Snapdragon Digital Chassis portfolio, which features cloud-connected automotive platforms.
Bing Guan—Bloomberg via Getty Images
As of 6/5/23
Semiconductors and Other Electronic Components
Cristiano R. Amon
Market Value ($M)
Figures are for fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2022. Market value as of March 31, 2023.
Key Financials (Last Fiscal Year)
Total Stockholder Equity ($M)
Profit as % of Revenues
Profits as % of Assets
Profits as % of Stockholder Equity
Earnings Per Share (Last Fiscal Year)
Earnings Per Share ($)
EPS % Change (from 2021)
EPS % Change (5 year annual rate)
EPS % Change (10 year annual rate)
Total Return to Investors (2022)
Total Return to Investors (5 year, annualized)
Total Return to Investors (10 year, annualized)
Qualcomm Rank History
|Year||Revenues ($M)||Profits ($M)||Assets ($M)||Total Stockholder Equity ($M)|
Lists ranking Qualcomm
Latest news for Qualcomm
- MPW Next Gen 2023 - Reaching Gender Parity On Boards ;17:30Conferences, MPW Next Gen;
- Qualcomm CEO: How We Are Helping Industries Take Advantage of Cellular Technology;24:11Conferences, Brainstorm Tech;
- The CEO of Qualcomm Discusses Firm Leadership in the Face of an Unclear Future;3:02Series, On Leading;
- Qualcomm CEO Is Staying Confident Through Trying Times;4:51Series, On Leading;