The database giant is trying mightily to fight off stagnation. Sales dropped 1% year over year to $39.1 billion, owing in part to Oracle’s cloud unit, which is growing far more slowly than those of rivals Amazon and Microsoft. Last fall, Oracle made a surprising push along with Walmart to acquire the U.S. operations of red-hot TikTok, in a deal championed by former President Donald Trump. But that deal is now reportedly on hold under the Biden administration. In another blow: The U.S. Supreme Court recently sided with Google parent Alphabet over Oracle in a major copyright infringement case involving the use of Java software code.
Lists ranking Oracle
Latest news for Oracle
- MagazineHard right turn: Companies are toeing the political line in business-friendly red statesOctober 2, 2021 2:30 PM UTC
- TechHot tech upstart Snowflake reveals plans to go beyond its nicheJune 8, 2021 1:00 PM UTC
- NewslettersGoogle’s historic win over Oracle punts on a key questionApril 6, 2021 4:30 PM UTC
- TechWhy the Supreme Court’s ruling for Google over Oracle is a win for innovationApril 5, 2021 9:44 PM UTC
- TechGoogle wins Oracle copyright fight as Supreme Court overturns rulingApril 5, 2021 3:41 PM UTC