Oracle is a computer technology corporation best known for its software products and services like Java. Through the company’s four main business segments—cloud and license, hardware, and services—Oracle sells its cloud-engineering services and systems and database management systems. For over a decade, the company has been embroiled in a feud with Google over claims that Google committed copyright infringement when it used elements of Java in the programming code of the Android operating system. In 2021, the battle was settled when the United States Supreme Court ruled 6 to 2 in favor of Google, stating that Google engaged in legitimate “fair use” when it put key aspects of Oracle’s Java programming language in the Android operating system.
Lists ranking Oracle
Latest news for Oracle
- TechHot tech upstart Snowflake reveals plans to go beyond its nicheJune 8, 2021 1:00 PM UTC
- NewslettersGoogle’s historic win over Oracle punts on a key questionApril 6, 2021 4:30 PM UTC
- TechWhy the Supreme Court’s ruling for Google over Oracle is a win for innovationApril 5, 2021 9:44 PM UTC
- TechGoogle wins Oracle copyright fight as Supreme Court overturns rulingApril 5, 2021 3:41 PM UTC
- Energy‘It’s a black eye for Texas’: Power outages hinder state’s image as business utopiaFebruary 20, 2021 1:30 PM UTC