The Connecticut-based telecom giant added a record 2.2 million new Internet customers in its most recent fiscal year. That helped the company bring in $48 billion in revenue, a 5% increase from the year before. Net income also grew significantly—an impressive 93% jump year over year. But the number of video subscribers barely budged. That wasn’t a big surprise, given the continuing cord-cutting trend and the plethora of nontraditional options viewers now have for consuming content. Charter’s average monthly revenue from residential customers was also challenged, dipping slightly from $112.63 per month in 2019 to $111.15 in 2020.
Lists ranking Charter Communications
Latest news for Charter Communications
- TechBernie Sanders’ Plan to Slash Monthly Internet Bills Could Work, Experts SayDecember 9, 2019 9:30 PM UTC
- TechWhy Your Cable TV Bill Is Much Higher Than AdvertisedOctober 3, 2019 5:49 PM UTC
- TechData Sheet—Looks Like Cord Cutting Just Broke Another RecordFebruary 22, 2019 2:43 PM UTC
- TechT-Mobile and Sprint Making Big Promises If They’re Allowed to MergeSeptember 21, 2018 4:45 PM UTC
- TechSprint Had Merger Talks With 3 Other Companies Before Agreeing to T-Mobile DealJuly 31, 2018 5:11 PM UTC