Pre-Marketing: Timberland cleared for $2 billion
* Big Boot: VF Corp. buying Timberland for $2 billion
* Dining with the fat cats: Obama woos Wall Street
* George Clooney for president? Nouriel Roubini warns of a “perfect storm”
* James Allworth: Big content is strangling innovation
* Liberal link-bait: 10 charts that prove the U.S. is a low-tax country
* Silicon Valley: Startup valuation boom = commercial real estate boom
* Darren Samuelsohn: Where are the green jobs?
* Eric Falkenstein: Bankruptcy vs. insolvency
* Still not getting our daily Term Sheet emails? Sign up here!
* NY AG launches investigation of Bank of America over mortgage securitizations
* Tweet of the Day: @ronsirak New nickname for Lebron James: 75 cents. Doesn’t have the fourth quarter.