* Chris Mooney: The science of why we don’t believe in science
* Polling the unserious: Americans don’t want entitlement cuts or broad tax hikes. Tax increases on the wealthy, however, are a go.
* Google’s (GOOG) Eric Schmidt recent got
fired a raise
* PeerIndex: 25 most influential people tweeting about Apple (AAPL)
* Steven Davidoff: Bankrate’s journey from buyout to IPO candidate
* Matt Townsend: American Apparel (APP) gets some adult supervision
* Productivity and the art of war: Applying Sun Tzu’s teachings to business
* History on the block: Digital Equipment’s old headquarters enters foreclosure
* Micah Rosenbloom: The trap of an artificial timeline when raising venture capital
* No new podium: Talks between Robert Gibbs and Facebook have broken down.
* Still not getting Term Sheet’s morning email? Are you also still using rotary dial? Sign up here!
* Keil Porter: CDC, the UK gov’t-backed group that invests in emerging markets PE, will begin investing in developed nations
* Tweet of the Day: @alexia_tsotsis (fake Alexia): If the VCs seem skeptical, quickly append “for the enterprise” to your pitch, and you’ll get your funding.
* HBO trailer for Too Big To Fail: