* Bernie Madoff speaks: Banks “had to know” of fraud
* Michael Lewis: What the FCIC report should have said
* Chris Jones: Lara Logan’s math
* Fred Wilson comes to Harvard Business School
* Still not getting Term Sheet’s morning emails? Sign up (for free) here!
* Did Barclays Capital “secretly and selfishly” manipulate the auction for Del Monte Foods (DLM)?
* SAC Capital’s Stevie Cohen opens up, albeit not about the insider trading case raging around his firm.
* Too much money chasing too few deals: Oaktree Capital hands back $3 billion of a $10 billion distressed debt fund, due to a lack of buying opportunities.
* Big deal: Genzyme (GENZ) has agreed to be acquired by Sanofi-Aventis (SNY) for $20.1 billion in cash. The $74 per share deal is about 7% higher than Sanofi’s original offer, but also well shy of the $80 per share that Sanofi may have set as a ceiling.