* John Carney: Why the SEC is fighting a war against private placements
* First TechCrunch. Then HuffPo. What content site will get scooped up next?
* Steve Dickman: How Sanofi could start off on the right foot in Cambridge
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London falls early, European shares sell off and the Nikkei hits a 9-month high.
* Rob Go: Is your VC really committed to your seed round?
* Josh Brown: What about a Groupon for stocks?
* Speaking of Groupon, the company the company tries to explain its terrible Super Bowl ad
* Lindsay Whipp: Japanese companies struggle to do overseas deals
* Sarah Lacey asks where Startup Visa is in the Startup America plan
* Timothy Noah: Businesses don’t like regulations? What else is new?
* What he said: Full text of Obama’s speech to the Chamber of Commerce
* Thank you for your cooperation: Detroit’s mayor nixes proposal for a Robocop statue
* I’d really love to come, but… Meredith Whitney cites a “scheduling conflict” for her refusal to testify in front of Congress.
* Tweet of the Day: @dschatsky: Arianna Huffington knows a fool when she marries one. — Media consultant friend of mine