Stripe is a San Francisco-based company that provides digital infrastructure services to digital businesses. Stripe’s primary offering is an online payments platform that allows companies to participate in e-commerce. Built on top of that platform are applications for revenue management, billing, financing acquisition, and fraud protection. Among Stripe’s customers are tech titans such as Amazon, Google, Salesforce, and Spotify, and the company is expanding its services to entrepreneurs in developing nations. Stripe launched in 2011, the brainchild of two brothers from the small town of Dromineer, Ireland. Since then it has grown to over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. In October 2020, the company introduced Stripe Climate, a tool that allows companies processing payments through Stripe to automatically route a percentage of each transaction to carbon reduction initiatives Stripe has invested in.
Courtesy of Stripe
Latest news for Stripe
- TechTake a pay cut to work from a cheaper city? Many Stripe workers took that dealJune 16, 2021 6:31 AM UTC
- RetailGood news, Amazon: The end of the pandemic is unlikely to slow down e-commerceApril 10, 2021 10:00 AM UTC
- TechStripe loses ex–Goldman Sachs exec to corporate card startupMarch 16, 2021 12:00 PM UTC
- FinanceThese 5 companies are now the highest-valued U.S. unicorns in 2021February 23, 2021 2:00 AM UTC
- The LedgerExclusive: Fintech startup Check raises $35 million, led by StripeJanuary 27, 2021 2:00 PM UTC