This international law firm with offices across the U.S. and Asia has been on the Best Companies to Work for List for more than 20 years.
- In 2022, the firm hosted open discussions on well-being, bringing in a third party to quantify the results and better inform Perkins Coie’s Strategic Diversity & Inclusion Plan, which lays out metrics and goals to help support the firm’s diverse legal staff in their continued success.
- The Diverse Team Member Hotline is a safe space, staffed by trained professionals, where members can provide feedback, raise concerns, and elevate any challenges.
- Perkins Coie has added several well-being benefits for employees, including three Heart & Soul Days, discounts on Peloton services and equipment, and subscriptions to Hinge Health and Family Concierge care service for eligible staff.
- In March 2023, the company laid off 58 business professionals, citing a downturn in legal work as the driving force.
- “Perkins Coie has been very responsive to the ever-increasing stresses of life in these turbulent and troubling times, with additional mental health programs and resources that are so very much needed and can be hard to find,” notes one employee. “I believe that the firm is doing everything it can to make it easier for employees and their families to access the care and programs that they need.”
Courtesy of Perkins Coie
As of 4/4/23
Market Value ($M)
Figures are for the fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2020.
Rank last year
Years on list
Employees (as of March 2023)
Job openings (as of March 2023)
Employees and job openings are U.S.-only.
BenefitsAs of 8/2/22
100% health coverage
Compressed work weeks
Option to work remotely
Minimum requirement in-office attendance (days per week)
Percentage of health care premiums covered
Mental health coverage
Free mental health sessions (per year)
Free backup childcare time off (days)
Maximum $ amount covered for fertility services
Fully paid maternal leave (days)
Fully paid paternal leave (days)
Fully paid adoptive leave (days)
Maternal leave in addition to regular time off (days)
Paid days off for volunteering
DiversityAs of 8/2/22
% Native American/Alaska Native
% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
% Two or more races
% Unknown ethnicity
Lists ranking Perkins Coie