The former subsidiary of eBay has definitely come into its own in its past five years of independence. Poised to reap the benefits of consumers’ growing reliance on digital payments, PayPal has excelled during the coronavirus pandemic, growing revenues nearly 20% in the first three quarters of the year—exceeding even its average three-year growth rate of 18%. Now one of the largest small-business lenders, PayPal is also expanding its offerings to include buying and selling cryptocurrency, both through its flagship product and its peer-to-peer payments app, Venmo.
- The LedgerPayPal CEO says he received death threats after banning accounts that sent mob to the CapitolFebruary 5, 2021 3:47 PM UTC
- NewslettersBitcoin, Big Tech and crude gain as the focus shifts to more stimulusFebruary 4, 2021 10:12 AM UTC
- FinancePayPal CEO touts ‘superapp’ as company posts record quarter. Shares rise 6%February 4, 2021 12:25 AM UTC
- FinanceCrypto firm BitGo touts record assets as PayPal deal falls throughDecember 23, 2020 8:23 PM UTC
- FinancePayPal joins a major investment round in ‘plug-and-play’ crypto firm PaxosDecember 17, 2020 11:00 AM UTC