Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
The hospitality group has pioneered design-forward hotels since its establishment in 1981 and is celebrating its 14th year on the Best Companies to Work For list.
- New hires fill out a personal preference profile detailing their interests, likes, and dislikes, in an effort to encourage employees to bring their uniqueness and creativity to work.
- The company’s annual review system involves a less paperwork-intensive and more personalized approach where employees talk face-to-face with managers and are given coaching and development accordingly.
- As part of Kimpton’s BLM Act-to-Action commitment, the company launched a mentorship program in 2022 offering training to high-potential nonmanagement employees from backgrounds historically underrepresented in the hospitality industry.
- Kimpton enables employees to explore different career paths that best match their interests and skills within the company’s many divisions.
- The company offers employee discounts at over 5,000 hotels globally and provides friends and family discounts for Kimpton properties.
Courtesy of Kimpton Hotels
As of 4/4/23
Hotels, Casinos, Resorts
Market Value ($M)
Rank last year
Years on list
Employees (as of March 2023)
Job openings (as of March 2023)
Employees and job openings are U.S.-only.
BenefitsAs of 8/1/22
100% health coverage
Compressed work weeks
Option to work remotely
Minimum requirement in-office attendance (days per week)
Percentage of health care premiums covered
Mental health coverage
Free mental health sessions (per year)
Free backup childcare time off (days)
Maximum $ amount covered for fertility services
did not disclose
Fully paid maternal leave (days)
Fully paid paternal leave (days)
Fully paid adoptive leave (days)
Maternal leave in addition to regular time off (days)
Paid days off for volunteering
DiversityAs of 8/1/22
% Native American/Alaska Native
% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
% Two or more races
% Unknown ethnicity
Lists ranking Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants