The 135-year-old global health care conglomerate sells everything from Band-Aids and artificial hips to surgical robots, cancer drugs, and one of America’s first three authorized COVID vaccines. The pandemic affected many of those businesses, and J&J’s sales overall were relatively flat last year—notching up 0.6%. While the company’s pharmaceutical division performed well, results were mixed for the consumer segment: Sales of over-the-counter products like Tylenol surged, while baby care and women’s health revenues plummeted. Likewise, the company’s medical devices business recorded a sales decline of 11.6%, largely owing to people delaying procedures during the pandemic.
Lists ranking Johnson & Johnson
Latest news for Johnson & Johnson
- Health43.7% of the world’s population has received a COVID vaccine. See the rate in your countrySeptember 22, 2021 9:54 PM UTC
- HealthJ&J says COVID booster dose provides 100% protection against severe diseaseSeptember 21, 2021 11:30 AM UTC
- Health3 things you should know about the timeline for kids’ COVID vaccinesSeptember 16, 2021 8:00 PM UTC
- HealthCOVID deaths are up 40%. These states are running low on ICU beds and health workersSeptember 15, 2021 10:27 PM UTC
- HealthIts COVID-19 vaccine bogged down in trials, Sanofi to manufacture BioNTech/Pfizer dosesSeptember 10, 2021 1:06 PM UTC