The 135-year-old global health care conglomerate sells everything from Band-Aids and artificial hips to surgical robots, cancer drugs, and one of America’s first three authorized COVID vaccines. The pandemic affected many of those businesses, and J&J’s sales overall were relatively flat last year—notching up 0.6%. While the company’s pharmaceutical division performed well, results were mixed for the consumer segment: Sales of over-the-counter products like Tylenol surged, while baby care and women’s health revenues plummeted. Likewise, the company’s medical devices business recorded a sales decline of 11.6%, largely owing to people delaying procedures during the pandemic.
Lists ranking Johnson & Johnson
Latest news for Johnson & Johnson
- HealthFDA advisors unanimously back Johnson & Johnson COVID boosters for people 18 and olderOctober 15, 2021 5:47 PM UTC
- HealthNew U.S. COVID cases are down 21%. See how your state is doingOctober 13, 2021 9:00 PM UTC
- HealthFDA debates timeline for administering Johnson & Johnson booster shotsOctober 13, 2021 5:23 PM UTC
- HealthFDA panel will advise on Johnson & Johnson booster shots this weekOctober 12, 2021 2:21 PM UTC
- MagazineCOVID-19 vaccine makers fight the pandemic fight, worldwideOctober 11, 2021 9:30 AM UTC