Home Depot made a number of moves that could have hampered business in 2020, including eliminating spring sales events and limiting the number of shoppers in stores, at least at the start of the outbreak. But making shoppers and employees comfortable paid off for the home-improvement giant, whose sales rose 20% to hit $132 billion as consumers enhanced their homes with DIY projects during lockdowns. Home Depot is set up well for the next phase: Consumers are starting to gravitate toward investing in the bigger projects executed by contractors and handymen, who are behind 45% of Home Depot’s sales.
Lists ranking Home Depot
Latest news for Home Depot
- RetailHoliday decorations could be in even higher demand this yearAugust 17, 2021 10:15 PM UTC
- The LedgerCorporate crypto 101: How companies are using Bitcoin and other digital currencyJuly 29, 2021 9:18 AM UTC
- RetailHome Depot thinks its hot streak will last a long timeMay 18, 2021 8:40 PM UTC
- RetailHow Lowe’s and Home Depot plan to keep growing even after the COVID home improvement boomNovember 20, 2020 5:00 PM UTC
- MagazineHow Fortune ranks business’s Most Powerful Women in the COVID eraOctober 19, 2020 9:30 AM UTC