The largest home-improvement retailer in the country, Home Depot consistently outperforms rivals like Lowe’s, Walmart, and Ace Hardware. Founded in 1978, Home Depot operates big-box retail stores in all 50 states, Canada, and Mexico. The company, which sells a wide range of home-improvement products, tools, and services, thrived during the coronavirus pandemic, in which millions of Americans stuck inside turned their focus to home-improvement projects like home offices. Total sales for the company hit $37.5 billion in 2020, up 32.7% year over year.
Lists ranking Home Depot
Latest news for Home Depot
- RetailHoliday decorations could be in even higher demand this yearAugust 17, 2021 10:15 PM UTC
- The LedgerCorporate crypto 101: How companies are using Bitcoin and other digital currencyJuly 29, 2021 9:18 AM UTC
- RetailHome Depot thinks its hot streak will last a long timeMay 18, 2021 8:40 PM UTC
- RetailHow Lowe’s and Home Depot plan to keep growing even after the COVID home improvement boomNovember 20, 2020 5:00 PM UTC
- MagazineHow Fortune ranks business’s Most Powerful Women in the COVID eraOctober 19, 2020 9:30 AM UTC