Founded by Thomas Edison and J.P. Morgan, among others, General Electric has a storied history in the United States. The company’s beginnings are essential learning in the history of the country’s storied period of industrialization. Today, General Electric no longer holds the same esteem and lure as it once did, since it is still recuperating from a stunning collapse that began in 2017. At a Fortune Global Forum event in October 2020, CEO Larry Culp said the company was likely only in “the second or third inning” of a transformation meant to bring the company back to the successes it has seen throughout its 129-year history. Unfortunately, pandemic-related setbacks to the travel and oil industries will probably impede GE’s efforts to recover ground.
Lists ranking General Electric
Latest news for General Electric
- LeadershipGE CEO Larry Culp on humility and why every detail countsMarch 2, 2022 10:30 PM UTC
- CommentaryBreaking up isn’t hard to do: GE’s split unravels a massive management mistakeNovember 12, 2021 7:14 PM UTC
- FinanceGE will split itself into 3 companies, marking the end of the conglomerate for goodNovember 9, 2021 12:20 PM UTC
- MagazineWhat the hell happened at GE? Former CEO Jeff Immelt has some thoughtsFebruary 6, 2021 6:00 PM UTC
- ConferencesLarry Culp: We’re in the second or third inning of GE’s turnaroundOctober 26, 2020 10:00 PM UTC