The pioneering startup in the wearables space, Fitbit burst onto the scene in 2009 with its wrist-worn activity trackers and popularized the 10,000 steps-a-day goal. But afterwards, the company struggled amid competition from Apple Watch at the high end and cheap Asian trackers at the low end. Google agreed to buy Fitbit in 2019.
Justin Sullivan—Getty Images
Latest news for Fitbit
- TechFitbit introduces ‘fashion forward’ fitness tracker that emphasizes stress managementApril 19, 2021 5:00 PM UTC
- TechFitbit’s first product since being acquired by Google is just for kidsMarch 9, 2021 2:00 PM UTC
- NewslettersGoogle could improve Fitbit or make it much, much worseFebruary 22, 2021 3:49 PM UTC
- TechGoogle closes Fitbit deal despite ongoing DOJ reviewJanuary 14, 2021 6:18 PM UTC
- TechFitbit wants to partner with users every step of the wayJanuary 8, 2021 10:30 AM UTC