DraftKings is a publicly traded Boston-based daily fantasy sports contest and sports betting operator. Users can enter daily and weekly fantasy sports-related contests and promotions and win money based on individual player performances in the five major American sports, along with Premier League and UEFA Champions League soccer, NASCAR, Canadian Football League, MMA, and tennis. After the overturn of the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA), which cleared the way for states to legalize online sports betting, the company launched DraftKings SportsBook in New Jersey in August 2018. As of February 2021, DraftKings Sportsbook is offered in 13 states across the United States, including New York, Illinois, Colorado, and Tennessee. The company has partnership agreements with several major sports leagues, including MLB and NFL, and sports media companies ESPN and Bleacher Report. As of September 2020, NBA Hall of Famer Michael Jordan became an investor and board advisor.
Gabby Jones—Bloomberg/Getty Images
Latest news for DraftKings
- TechMarch Madness NFTs have arrived in the sports betting worldMarch 15, 2022 4:57 PM UTC
- FinanceNew York quickly becomes the number one market for legalized sports betting in the U.S.February 4, 2022 6:59 PM UTC
- No Primary Section FoundAdvertisers want to make Super Bowl commercials fun again this yearFebruary 3, 2022 8:20 PM UTC
- No Primary Section FoundFanDuel CEO Amy Howe wants to persuade more women to participate in sports bettingDecember 23, 2021 9:30 PM UTC
- FinanceDraftKings passes on $22.4 billion buyout of U.K. gambling powerhouse EntainOctober 26, 2021 2:15 PM UTC