Daimler enjoyed a solid 2020 thanks to demand in China and a strong premium car market that boosted its Mercedes brand. Annual operating profit would have even grown had it not been for a poor year in its commercial truck business. Chief executive Ola Källenius has since sought to protect Mercedes by breaking the company up, with its trucks business set to float as a separate entity by the end of 2021. After the flop of the Mercedes EQC battery-powered sport utility vehicle, the carmaker is now hoping to rebuild its reputation for innovation with the EQS, its first purpose-built battery electric vehicle (BEV). As early as 2030, the company wants more than half the cars it sells to be zero-emission vehicles or plug-in hybrids.
Lists ranking Daimler
Latest news for Daimler
- AutoGerman elections could put a speed limit on the sacred Autobahn for the first timeSeptember 18, 2021 10:00 AM UTC
- AutoGermany revolutionized the automobile. A tough second act: How to revive the dying auto showSeptember 3, 2021 12:54 PM UTC
- AutoA road trip on a single charge? Why the long-distance EV remains a pipe dreamAugust 16, 2021 11:00 PM UTC
- NewslettersThe tech-led stocks rally continues as crypto, too, pulls higherJuly 23, 2021 10:26 AM UTC
- NewslettersStocks set to hit new all-time highs as investors shake off the Delta bluesJuly 21, 2021 9:40 AM UTC