Coca-Cola is home to one of the world’s most recognizable brands—its signature Coke beverage. The soft drinks company has continued to expand in recent years; its 2019 acquisition of coffee chain Costa for $4.9 billion was the largest brand acquisition in the company’s 130-plus–year history. But like many others, Coca-Cola took a hit in 2020 owing to the pandemic. The company recently announced it was axing sales in the U.S. and Canada of its energy drink, Coke Energy, which debuted in January 2020 shortly before the pandemic forced millions of Americans into lockdown. In 2021, Coca-Cola joined a host of other major U.S. businesses in pledging $125 million to a fund dedicated to combating anti-Asian discrimination after a year in which the number of hate crimes against Asian Americans rose significantly.
Lists ranking Coca-Cola
Latest news for Coca-Cola
- NewslettersThe 3 design principles that informed Coca-Cola’s latest rebrandOctober 19, 2021 12:00 PM UTC
- ConferencesHow leaders from Coca-Cola, FedEx, Sony, and General Motors are tackling climate changeOctober 6, 2021 12:51 AM UTC
- RetailCoke rolls the dice, changes formula on Coca-Cola Zero SugarJuly 13, 2021 4:55 PM UTC
- LifestylePride logo, or no Pride logo? Companies still grapple with the meaning of being an LGBTQ+ allyJune 23, 2021 12:40 PM UTC
- EnvironmentCoke and Pepsi eye new sustainability goals after years of failed promisesJune 22, 2021 10:00 AM UTC