Cigna is a Connecticut-based health care and insurance company that has grown tremendously in recent years, owing in large part to its 2018 acquisition of Express Scripts in a $67 billion deal. The company, whose motto is “Together, all the way,” is a major provider of disability, medical, dental, life, and accident insurance and services with more than 180 million customers in more than 30 countries and jurisdictions. The company also offers Medicare and Medicaid coverage to eligible Americans. Cigna employs more than 70,000 workers worldwide. In 2021, after the coronavirus pandemic left millions uninsured in the U.S., the company announced it would waive many eligibility requirements through a special enrollment period, during which Americans could enroll in an individual or family health insurance plan without a qualifying event like a job loss or the birth of a child.
Lists ranking Cigna
Latest news for Cigna
- HealthUnitedHealthcare, Cigna, and Humana offer discounts to customersMay 7, 2020 2:30 PM UTC
- LeadershipJohnson & Johnson CEO Says Fix the Drug Pricing Process, But Not Too MuchDecember 4, 2018 4:56 PM UTC
- HealthWhat Carl Icahn Said In His Brutal Letter Slamming the Cigna-Express Scripts DealAugust 7, 2018 2:18 PM UTC
- HealthHow the CVS Aetna Deal Will Change How You Get Health CareDecember 4, 2017 7:06 PM UTC
- HealthCigna Escalates War on Opioids With OxyContin Crackdown. Is It About Public Health or Business?October 6, 2017 7:45 PM UTC