The experiential restaurant chain has nearly 250 locations in the U.S. and Canada and celebrates its 10th year on the Best Companies to Work For list.
- The company introduced a Wages Now program, which helps employees who might be facing financial pressure receive 50% of their pay the following workday instead of waiting for their biweekly check.
- The Cheesecake Factory has maintained flat health care premiums on vision, dental, and medical plans for its employees since 2021 to counter rising costs.
- The company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative focuses on ways in which managers can better connect with staff, and its upcoming initiatives will take a look at the effects of exclusion and the importance of psychological safety.
- After reaching milestone service anniversaries, Cheesecake Factory staff can choose from a wide range of rewards, from gift cards to monetary awards.
- “This is a company that I have been part of at every level for over 20 years. I have seen a lot happen in the world over the past 20 years, and what still makes me a believer to this day about the Cheesecake Factory is the unshakable commitment to take care of the staff, no matter what, who, or where,” said one longtime employee.
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
As of 6/5/23
Calabasas Hills, Calif.
David M. Overton
Market Value ($M)
Market value as of March 31, 2023.
Rank last year
Years on list
Employees (as of March 2023)
Job openings (as of March 2023)
Employees and job openings are U.S.-only.
BenefitsAs of 8/2/22
100% health coverage
Compressed work weeks
Option to work remotely
Minimum requirement in-office attendance (days per week)
Percentage of health care premiums covered
Mental health coverage
Free mental health sessions (per year)
Free backup childcare time off (days)
Maximum $ amount covered for fertility services
Fully paid maternal leave (days)
Fully paid paternal leave (days)
Fully paid adoptive leave (days)
Maternal leave in addition to regular time off (days)
Paid days off for volunteering
DiversityAs of 8/2/22
% Native American/Alaska Native
% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
% Two or more races
% Unknown ethnicity
Lists ranking Cheesecake Factory