E-commerce and cloud-storage giant Amazon has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of changing consumer behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic. Its sales jumped 35% to more than $260 billion in the first nine months of 2020, as people stopped going to stores and spent more online. The company’s market-leading cloud-computing division, Amazon Web Services, has also benefited in 2020 as the hosting platform for everything from Netflix to Zoom.
- FinanceAirlines? Tech? Cruise lines? Where investors see the most upside in the stock market in 2021March 5, 2021 1:00 AM UTC
- RetailAmazon brings the cashier-less store format to London, its first outside the U.S.March 4, 2021 3:04 PM UTC
- NewslettersThe markets have an Achilles heel: twitchy bond yieldsMarch 4, 2021 10:17 AM UTC
- TechAmazon sued for alleged race, gender bias in corporate hiresMarch 1, 2021 9:22 PM UTC
- TechAmazon grapples with biggest union push in its historyFebruary 12, 2021 11:00 PM UTC