Skip to Content

Fox News Reportedly Pushes Out Two More Executives

Pauly Shore & Vinny Guadagnino Visit "FOX & Friends"Pauly Shore & Vinny Guadagnino Visit "FOX & Friends"
The Fox News studiosPhotograph by Andy Kropa — Getty Images

Only four days after Roger Ailes resigned as CEO of Fox News after sexual harassment allegations, two more executives at the network have reportedly been shown the door.

According to the Associated Press, Fox News has fired Michael Clemente and his top deputy, Peter Boyer. However, the two dismissals were not said to be related to the charges that forced Ailes out at the network he started two decades ago.

Until April, Clemente was executive vice president of news at Fox (FOX) when he was demoted and put in charge of a new division for specials and long form programming, the AP reports. Fox is reevaluating that division as it concentrates on the election over the next few months.

 

After former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against Ailes, Fox hired a law firm to conduct an independent probe. Fox anchor Megyn Kelly also reportedly told investigators that Ailes sexually harassed her a decade ago while she was still a young correspondent.

After the accusations, Ailes was given the choice to either resign by Aug. 1 or face the possibility of being publicly fired. He resigned from Fox on Thursday of last week.