In a Wednesday Twitter post, 18-year-old Brianna Olivas posted a recording of her iPhone 7 Plus that apparently exploded.
Olivas bought the phone from Sprint in January, Mashable reported. Just a day before the phone began to smoke, Olivas took it to an Apple Store when it failed to turn on. Employees there told her the smart phone was fine.
The next day, however, Olivas’s boyfriend noticed something was wrong.
“From the corner of his eye he saw my phone steaming and [heard] a squealing noise,” she told Mashable. “By the time he got over to the phone it had already caught fire, he quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom … as soon as he threw it in the restroom [it] blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone.”
Apple told Gizmodo on Friday that they were “looking into the case.”