* Felix Salmon: The default has already begun
* Clash of the Clans: Supercell raises $1.5 billion
* Shutdown: What’s an economist to do without gov’t data?
* Believe: BlackBerry’s open letter to customers
* World Wide what? The fake online traffic epidemic
* RIP NY Post? A premature tabloid autopsy
* Jim Braude: The case for a four-day workweek
* Big deal: PE firm to buy Siemens water tech unit
* Best year ever: Vermont maple syrup’s massive 2013 yield
* Upscale target: Apple poaches next retail chief from Burberry
* Carmel Diamicis: Are subscriptions the future of crowdfunding?
* Claudia Goldin: Can ‘Yellin Effect draw young women to economics?
* Get Term Sheet: Sign up for our free daily email on deals & dealmakers