* Shale sale: BHP Billiton paying $12.1 billion for Petrohawk
* Connie Loizos: What start-ups can learn from the mob
* Dexter Roberts: Preparing for the (possible) China crash
* Groupon: Ignore co-founder’s “wildly profitable” prediction
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London falls early, European shares slide and the Nikkei edges higher.
* Hacked: Rebekah Brooks resigns
* Scott Sumner: There was no oil bubble in 2008
* Art Carden: Applying South Park to public policy
* Grandparent alert: Say goodbye to paper savings bonds
* Byron Wein: The smartest man in Europe is very cautious
* Sign up! Get our daily e-newsletter on deals and deal-makers
* Joe Weisenthal: This is the part where the rating agencies start destroying the country
* Tweet of the Day: @ToddDOwl Yes. Celebrity Investors = adverse selection.
* Tweet of the Day II: @jonsteinberg: The Spotify thing is a huge win for Klout. Like when Living Social got the Amazon gift cards
* The most outrageous acts of corporate America: