* Southern Union disclosure: Williams first bid for us back in January
* Daniel Indiviglio: Is the media stifling the U.S. recovery?
* John Carney: Banks use Dodd-Frank to argue against capital requirements
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point higher, London rises early, European shares keep falling and the Nikkei sheds 1%.
* The (former) Grinnit guys: 5 takeaways from folding a start-up
* Sanjoy Mahajan: What chess tells us about the value of perception
* Intranet 2.0: Companies are erecting in-house social networks
* Sam Ramji: Telcos could be key to Twitter’s business model
* Chart of the week: The American farmer’s incredible comeback
* Heidi Moore: Too big to fail? Yes. Too small to fail? Never.
* Gene Weingarten says “branding” is destroying journalism. Paul Carr counters.
* Matthew Goldstein: Why did Deutsche Bank fire one of its top derivatives traders?
* Odd couple: How Lee Iacocca and Mass General are working on a cure for diabetes
* New York plans to cash in on its gay marriage vote. Got to wonder what this will do to the marriage market in Vermont and Massachusetts…