* It’s over: BHP withdraws offer for Potash
* Fed official warns that the buyout market is beginning to resemble its “pre-crash craze.”
* Andrew Cuomo seems determined to nail Steve Rattner before moving onto the Governor’s Mansion. And his hammer may be Rattner’s former partners.
* Simon Johnson: Vikram Pandit has no clothes
* Om Malik: Irrationality returns to Silicon Valley
* Roger Ehrenberg: A model for investing in scalable tech businesses
* Still not getting our daily Term Sheet emails? For shame. Sign up here.
* Sanofi has company: Genzyme enters talks to be acquired by Takeda Pharma
* Jeffrey Goldfarb: Chris Flowers “could turn out to be the Falco of private equity.”
* PetFlow insists that it isn’t Pets.com, Part II
* Pete Peterson is endorsing Hugh Jidette for president
* Surprise! Golf clubs, booze and bath fixtures have nothing in common
* A children’s guide to quantitative easing: “The only thing deflating is The Fed’s credibility”