* Scott Kirsner: The farmer and the robot can be friends
* Coming soon to a courtroom near you: More investment bank prosecutions
* South Carolina’s public pension system tries the Canadian model: Launching its own “firm” to manage its private equity investments.
* Speaking of Canada, the Prime Minister’s new chief of staff comes from the private equity world
* Om reports that AOL is about buy TechCrunch
* Facebook director Peter Thiel says there won’t be an IPO until 2012. Pretty sure that a Facebook IPO is always two years away, no matter the year…
* 47 Democrats write letter in support of current cap gains and dividend tax rates
* 2010 acquisitions: Google has 23, Microsoft has zero
* Goldman’s prop traders may be heading to Avenue Capital
* One year after releasing “principles” for how GPs should treat their LPs, ILPA is about to roll out a set of financial reporting guidelines.