1. Ebola: We were all going to die of it.
2. Bird Flu: We were all going to die of it.
3. Y2K: Our computers were all going to die of it.
4. Global Warming: We’re still going to die of it, but it ‘s a more long term thing so only a few people are still on it. As a panic, it’s SO yesterday.
5. Japan will take over the world: Until their economy went blooey.
6. China will take over the world: Still a working paranoid concept, but again, collective ADD has moved on.
7. Mad cow disease: We were all going to die of it as our brains leaked out of our ears.
8. AIDS: Anybody who ate in an upscale restaurant would probably get it.
9. Russsia would bury us: They said they would!
10. Nuclear War: The jury is still out on that one.
11. The recession will last for 10 years: As soon as we get over this swine flu thing, that could well be back, given the number of shorts who stand to profit by it.
Look, I gotta go. The day is young out here in California. We still have time for three or four mini-panics before our first martini. Have a calm weekend, huh?