Tom Brady tweets ‘to the moooooon’ as Hertz prepares to go public—again
Tom Brady has high expectations for Hertz’s market debut Tuesday.
The Hertz Global Holdings Inc. pitchman and Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady tweeted “to the moooooon” and tagged Hertz in a tweet today. Hertz shares are due to trade on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol HTZ Tuesday.
The car-rental giant became a darling of meme-stock traders after it filed for bankruptcy last year. Shareholders of Hertz raised $1.3 billion after pricing an upsized Nasdaq listing. The company’s existing backers will sell 44.5 million shares at $29 apiece, according to a statement Monday.
More finance coverage from Fortune:
- Offsetting Bitcoin’s carbon footprint would require planting 300 million new trees
- Will monthly child tax credit payments continue in 2022? Their future rests on Biden’s Build Back Better bill
- Surging inflation, higher heating costs: Why your bill could double this winter
- Home prices to drop by late 2022, says the Mortgage Bankers Association
- Venus Williams on why she invested in HumanCo
Subscribe to Fortune Daily to get essential business stories straight to your inbox each morning.