The Mandalorian, the breakout hit for Disney+, will be back for its second season before the end of the year, Bob Iger confirmed on a quarterly earnings call Tuesday.
The Star Wars spinoff is set to return this October and expect a much bigger marketing push this time around, now that the company does not have to guard the secret about Baby Yoda’s role in the show.
The Madalorian has driven significant traffic for Disney+. Iger said 65% of the people who watch the show have watched at least 10 other programs or movies. And he sees the show as a way to usher in a new generation of Star Wars fans.
“When [certain international markets, including China] tuned into, or heard about the Skywalker legacy, there was too much that had already gone in the past that was not familiar to them and they didn’t really want to get on board late,” he said. “That’s not true with Mandalorian, because Mandalorian is even though it’s based on, obviously, certain Star Wars elements, characters in places, you don’t have to know anything about the history of Star Wars in terms of an access point or in terms of your interest.”
Iger also hinted that a third season of the show is already planned—and spin off programs with certain characters are possible as well.
“The priority in the next few years is television with The Mandalorian Season 2 coming in October, and then more coming from The Mandalorian thereafter, including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and the possibility of taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series,” he said.
More must-read stories from Fortune:
—Seconds-long streaming delays can make or break live entertainment—American Factory directors on capturing what “globalization looks like”
—Charlize Theron and John Lithgow reflect on Bombshell’s indelible impact
—HBO’s “McMillion$” shows how cheaters scammed McDonald’s Monopoly
—Content is king: Inside Netflix’s streaming wars strategy
Follow Fortune on Flipboard to stay up-to-date on the latest news and analysis.