Hollywood has produced a lot of memorable movies quotes over the years, and everyone has their favorite. But did you realize that some quotes from famous movies contain real kernels of business wisdom?
Let us entertain you — with 13 great movie quotes that say exactly what every entrepreneur and business owner needs to hear:
1. “Show me the money!” —Rod Tidwell (played by Cuba Gooding, Jr.) in Jerry Maguire (2006)
2. “The question isn’t what are we going to do. The question is what aren’t we going to do?” —Ferris Bueller (played by Mathew Broderick) in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
3. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” —John Keating (played by Robin Williams) in Dead Poets Society (1989)
4. “Never burn bridges. Today’s junior prick, tomorrow’s senior partner.” —Katharine Parker (played by Sigourney Weaver) in Working Girl (1988)
5. “My number one rule is to hope for the best and plan for the worst.” —Noah Vosen (played by David Strathairn) in The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
More from AllBusiness:
• Are These 3 Small Business Challenges Keeping You Awake at Night?
• Delicious Cases of Recipe Espionage: How to Protect Your Trade Secrets
• Here’s How to Make Connections and Bring in New Customers to Your Business
6. “A 25% slice of something is better than 100% slice of nothing.” —“Fast” Eddie Felson (played by Paul Newman) in The Hustler (1961)
7. “Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high.” —Louis Winthorp III (played by Dan Akroyd) in Trading Places (1983)
8. “You have to do everything you can, you have to work your hardest, and if you do, if you stay positive, you have a shot at a silver lining.” —Pat Solitano, Jr. (played by Bradley Cooper) in Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
9. “Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter.” —John Nash (played by Russell Crowe) in A Beautiful Mind (2001)
10. “The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.” —Frank Lucas (played by Denzel Washington) in American Gangster (2007)
11. “Lesson number one: Don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed.” —Frank Lopez (played by Robert Loggia) in Scarface (1983)
12. “Nobody is going to hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” —Rocky Balboa (played by Sylvester Stallone) in Rocky (1977)
13. “The key to this business is personal relationships.” —Dickie Fox (played by Jared Jussim) in Jerry Maguire (2006)
This article previously appeared on AllBusiness.