FORTUNE — With Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee, 72, still unconscious in Samsung Medical Center, attention in the South Korean media has shifted to his likely successor. Lee inherited the company from his father and one of his kin will inherit it from him.
The cast of characters, from left:
- Lee Boo-jin: First daughter and president of the Shilla Hotel chain, a Samsung subsidiary.
- Hong Ra-hee: Wife and director of the Samsung Art Museum.
- Lee Kun-hee: Patriarch and Samsung chairman.
- Lee Seo-yeon: Second daughter and president of Cheil Worldwide (advertising and public relations), a Samsung subsidiary.
- Choi Gee-sung: No relation. CEO of Samsung Electronics since 2009, when the troubles with Apple (AAPL) began.
- Lee Jae-yong (leaning away): Son and Samsung’s vice-chairman. The heir apparent.
See also: Samsung chairman — and Apple nemesis — suffers heart attack
Subscribe to Well Adjusted, our newsletter full of simple strategies to work smarter and live better, from the Fortune Well team. Sign up today.