Private equity deals

October 29, 2013, 12:19 AM UTC
Fortune

Deere & Co. (NYSE: DE) has agreed to sell a 60% stake in its John Deere Landscapes business toClayton, Dubilier & Rice for approximately $465 million. JDL is a North American distributor of landscaping products that reports over $1 billion in annual revenue. www.cdr-inc.com

3i Group has invested an undisclosed amount into Austin, Texas-based global management consultancy JMJ Associateswww.3i.com

Affinity Equity Partners has acquired a 40% stake in Chinese dairy Beijing Sunlon Breeding Development for $123 million, according to Private Equity International. The remaining 60% is held by state-backed Beijing Capital AgriBusiness Group. www.affinityequity.com

Ares Management and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board have completed their previously-announced $6 billion purchase of upscale retailer Neiman Marcus Group, from a shareholder group led by TPG Capital and Warburg Pincus. Neiman Marcus had been taken private in 2005 for $5.1 billion. www.neimanmarcus.com

Baird Capital has acquired a majority stake in British management consultancy Alpha Financial Markets Consulting for £28 million. www.alphafmc.com

G4S PLC (LSE: GFS) has rejected a £1.55 billion offer for its cash transport solutions business fromCharterhouse Capital Partners, calling it “highly opportunistic.” www.g4s.com

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. has agreed to invest $100 million into a partnership with Pittsburgh-based Associated Partners LP, to build new wireless communication infrastructure. The deal would result in KKR holding minority stakes in three businesses — PEG Bandwidth, AP Wireless and AP Towers — currently managed by Associated Partners. www.kkr.com

Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. is in talks to acquire Macquarie’s 46% stake in Regis, an Australian provider of elder care facilities, according to The Australian. www.kkr.com

Sign up for Dan’s daily email newsletter on deals and deal-makers: GetTermSheet.com