Private equity deals

August 6, 2013, 6:10 PM UTC
Fortune

Emerson (NYSE: EMR) has agreed to sell a 51% stake in its Carlsbad, Calif.-based embedded computing and power business to Platinum Equity, for approximately $300 million. Emerson will retain the other 49%, and will increase its share repurchase by $600 million to offset associated earnings dilution. www.emerson.com

Brazos Private Equity Partners has acquired Southern Tide LLC, a –based lifestyle apparel brand. No financial terms were disclosed. www.southerntide.com

Confie Seguros, a personal insurance company focused on Hispanic consumers, has acquiredEconomy Insurance Mart, a Spring Hill, Fla.-based provider of auto, home and small commercial insurance. No financial terms were disclosed. Confie Seguros is a portfolio company of ABRY Partnerswww.confieseguros.com

Flashtalking, a London-based software platform for online ad serving, has raised an undisclosed amount of private equity funding from TA Associateswww.flashtalking.com

GTCR has committed up to $200 million to form Crealta Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Lake Forest, Ill.-based platform that will acquire specialty pharma companies (both approved products and late-stage developmental assets). Crealta will be led by Ed Fiorentino, who previously partnered with GTCR on Actient Pharmaceuticals (acquired in April by Auxilium Pharma). www.gtcr.com

Huron Capital Partners has acquired Dynamic Dental Partners, a Sarasota, Fla.-based provider of operational support to a network of dental practices located in Florida, Arizona and Virginia. No financial terms were disclosed for the deal, which Huron said is just the first of “a series of planned investments in the dental services industry.” www.huroncapital.com

Marlin Equity Partners has acquired Asset Control NV, a New York–based provider of data management software to global financial institutions, from Volition Capital. No financial terms were disclosed. www.asset-control.com

Sign up for our daily email newsletter on deals and deal-makers: GetTermSheet.com