* Kathleen Gray: City for sale
* James Surowiecki: The return of layaway
* He hate who? Obama nominates ex-PE pro to Fed board
* Bloomberg: Don’t give up on sensible Dodd-Frank ideas
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point lower, London falls early, European shares climb and the Nikkei dips.
* Out of focus: KKR directors leave Kodak board
* David Whitford: Mitt Romney means business
* Fred Wilson: Startup successes are first mocked and misunderstood
* Steven Davidoff: For Wall Street deal-makers, sometimes it pays to be bad
* Get Term Sheet: Sign up for our free daily newsletter on deals & dealmakers
* Tweet of the Day: @dkberman Terrifying stat of day: Since 2005, Sears has authorized $6.6 billion in share buybacks, a sum now greater than its $3.9b market cap.