Today in Tech: The exclusive Steve Jobs book excerpt
Fortune’s curated selection of newsworthy tech stories from the last 24 hours. Sign up to get the round-up delivered to you every day.
“I’m not a very social person,” but “Google+ I instantly found compelling.”
– Google cofounder Sergey Brin (Search Engine Land)
* Looking forward to Walter Isaacson’s authorized biography of Steve Jobs? The first exclusive excerpt, highlighting Jobs’ nearly 30-year frenemy relationship with Bill Gates, will run in the latest issue of Fortune available via newsstands and the iPad app this Monday. A preview of the excerpt will appear online early Monday as well. (Fortune)
* Mountain View-based startup Lytro announced the Lytro camera, a slick, slender, rectangular device that lets users focus or refocus an image any time after the image is actually taken. (Fortune)
* eBay (EBAY) announced its third quarter revenues jumped 32% to $3 billion and income climbed 18% to $628 million driven largely by PayPal. (TechCrunch)
* Is Groupon planning a scaled back initial public offering (IPO)? (The Wall Street Journal)
* Digg founder Kevin Rose announced the first product from his new startup Milk: an app called Oink that lets users find and rate “things not people.” (Information Week)
Don’t miss the latest tech news. Sign up now to get Today in Tech emailed each and every morning.