* Nick Kristof: We have become a hedge fund republic
* Matt Rosoff: Is November 2011 Armageddon for Firefox?
* Steven Davidoff: Dynegy’s unusual approach to delaying its takeover vote
* Meredith Whitney plans to launch a new credit rating agency to compete with S&P and Moody’s
* Shelley DuBois: Why Dell won’t go private
* Chris Dixon: The trouble with tranched VC investments
* Frank Quattrone’s free advice for IPO or M&A candidates
* Matthew Goldstein: SAC Capital pays a guy to play golf all day
* Massachusetts is the state best-prepared to compete in the new economy. Sorry California…
* Tweet of the Day: @
How long before CNBC replaces the Dow with just a ticker of $GM stock price?
* Mary Meeker’s “Internet trends” presentation from the Web 2.0 Summit: