Good news, fry lovers: Today is National French Fry Day, and regardless of whether you love to dip your fries in ketchup or prefer Ranch dressing, vinegar, mayonnaise, honey mustard, or cheese, here are seven places you have to try to get french fries, french fry coupons, and more:
- Burger King: Get two Whopper meals for $10 until July 15 — that’s two Whoppers, two small drinks and two small fries.
- The Fermentorium: This Oconomowoc, Wis. craft beer and burger restaurant is giving you a free order of fries with every beer purchase on July 13.
- Frite Street: Chicago’s original fry dive is offering “Free Frites” on July 13.
- Ground Round: Receive a complimentary basket of french fries per table on #NationalFrenchFryDay.
- IHOP: Buy a burger at the International House of Pancakes and you’ll get free, unlimited seasoned fries until July 31.
- McDonald’s: Get a free medium order of fries with the purchase of any large sandwich with the McDonald’s app until July 24.
- New York Fries: All Fry Society loyalty program members get a small order of fries for free added into their accounts on July 13. But make sure to use it by July 22.
Experts have long disputed the origin of the French Fry, as their creation is claimed by both Belgium and France.
In France, fries supposedly first appeared at 'Pont Neuf', the oldest bridge in Paris, where they were sold on the street just before the French Revolution in 1789, the New York Daily News reported. Belgium claims that fries were invented in Namur, a city in the south of the country. However, the Paris origin theory has a long history and has been widely accepted and repeated, according to the Daily News.
If one fry-filled day isn't enough, Fortune previously reported that a McDonald's (mcd) in St. Joseph, Mo. is serving all-you-can-eat fries, making it the first restaurant in the fast food chain giant to do so.
So whether you like your fries curly, steak cut, or shoe-string, take advantage of the places today that enjoy giving you deals on fries as much as you like eating them.