After Apple reported its quarterly earnings Tuesday, Slate’s Jordan Weissmann offered several eye-opening comparisons. Among them:
- If the iPhone were a company in its own right, it would be bigger than McDonald’s and Coca Cola combined.
- The iPad generated more revenue last quarter than Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Groupon, and Tesla combined.
- Apple’s sales from hardware accessories is larger than Chipotle’s revenue.
- Apple’s iTunes, software, and services businesses are bigger than eBay.
- While sales of the old iPod line may be shrinking, it’s still 77% larger than Twitter
LINK: If Apple Products Were Their Own Companies, They’d Be as Big as …
Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter at @philiped. Read his Apple
coverage at fortune.com/ped or subscribe via his RSS feed.