If you’ve ever wondered what kind of music President Barack Obama croons to during the summer, well, you’re now in luck. The White House just released the President’s Spotify playlist, and it’s filled with over 180 minutes of music and 40 titles with one for the day and another for the night.
Need some Beyonce in your life? The POTUS has you covered. How about some Joni Mitchell, or Ray Charles? Check and check.
One playlist has been dubbed “The President’s Summer Playlist: Night,” so it doesn’t leave much to the imagination. There’s one for the day, too, and the collections of music even have their own Twitter hashtag: #POTUSPlaylist.
“President Obama hand-picked his favorite songs for a summer playlist,” the account explains. “Take a listen to his 20 picks for a summer night.”
White House correspondent Charlie Spiering noted the Spotify playlist on his Twitter:
Here’s a sampling of the other titles that made the cut for the nighttime playlist:
- “My Favorite Things” by John Coltrane
- “Moondance” by Van Morrison
- “Nothing Even Matters” by Lauryn Hill D’Angelo
- “Until” by Cassandra Wilson
- “The Very Thought Of You” by Billie Holiday
And for the day, here are a few examples:
- “Tombstone Blues” by Bob Dylan
- “Paradise” by Coldplay
- “Rock Steady” by Aretha Franklin
- “Pusher Love Girl” by Justin Timberlake
- “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg” by The Temptations
President Obama has a musical history in the spotlight, too. In June, he sang “Amazing Grace” while delivering a eulogy for the Rev. Clementa Pinckney.
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to include President Obama’s playlist for the day.