- Voyager Innovations, a Manila, Philippines-based telecom firm, will raise up to $120 million from KKR, Tencent, and IFC. The funding is intended to support the expansion of its payments arm, PayMaya.
- Privitar, a London-based data privacy platform provider, raised $80 million Series C funding. Warburg Pincus led the round, and was joined by investors including Accel, Partech, IQ Capital, Salesforce Ventures, and ABN AMRO Ventures.
- WorkJam, a Montreal-based workplace solutions provider, raised $50 million in a Series C funding. Inovia led.
- Myriota, an Adelaide, Australia-based provider of satellite connectivity for the Internet of Things, raised $19.3 million in Series B funding. Hostplus and Main Sequence Ventures led the round. In-Q-Tel, Right Click Capital, Singtel, Innov8, Boeing HorizonX, South Australian Venture Capital Fund, and Malcolm Turnbull also participated.
- Lessonly, an Indianapolis-based online training platform, raised $15 million in Series C funding. AXA Venture Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Zendesk, Allos Ventures, Atlas Peak Capital, Rethink Education, and The Yard Ventures.
- Pulse, a San Francisco, Calif.-based social research platform, raised $6.5 million in Series A funding. AV8 Ventures led the round.
- Ably, a London-based data streaming platform, raised $7 million in Series A funding. MMC Ventures and Forward Partners coinvested.
- SportsEdTV, a Miami-based sports online education platform for athletes, coaches and parents, raised $3 million Series A funding round. Investors include Rick Foker.
- Tailscale, a Toronto-based corporate VPN provider, raised $3 million in seed funding. Heavybit led the round, and was joined by investors including Uncork Capital and others.
- KKR agreed to invest up to $500 million in Kilter Finance, a London-based insurance specialty lender.
- Ultracheese, backed by Aqua Capital, acquired Búfalo Dourado, a Brazilian maker of buffalo milk cheeses. Financial terms weren't disclosed. Read more.
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment is reportedly talking to various private equity firms about acquiring a stake as coronavirus forces the restaurants to shut down, per Reuters. Read more.
- Chitocea, backed by Lone Star, is set to become new owner of Unizo Holdings, a Japanese hotel chain. Read more. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Knox Capital Holdings invested in Mesa, Ariz.-based Collabtech Group, a provider of collaboration technology services. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Main Capital has acquired a majority stake in eHealth software group Alfa Kommun & Landsting AB and Safe Care Svenska AB. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Simulations Plus, (Nasdaq: SLP) acquired Lixoft, a Paris-based drug development platform. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- HouseCanary acquired DropModel, a web-based real estate financial modeling, analysis, and presentation platform for single-family residentials. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Acreage Holdings terminated a $120 million deal to acquire Deep Roots Medical, a Nevada-based marijuana cultivator and manufacturer.
- ScanSTAT and DataFile, two Georgia-based health-record management software makers, merged. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
- Platinum Equity acquired Farnese Group, a Pescara, Italy-based winemaker, from NB Renaissance Partners, a part of Neuberger Berman. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Koch Industries acquired the remaining portion of Infor, a New York City-based business cloud software provider, from Golden Gate Capital. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
F + FS
- CVC Capital Partners raised $4.5 billion for its fifth Asia Pacific fund, CVC Capital Partners Asia Pacific V.
- venBio Partners raised $394 million for its third life sciences fund.
- ROC Partners raised $120.15 million of a $150 million target for its fourth Asia Pacific private equity fund, per an SEC filing.
- Bregal Sagemount promoted Will Breskman to Senior Associate.