- CoreWeave, a Roseland, N.J.-based cloud provider, raised an additional $200 million in funding from Magnetar Capital.
- Hostaway, a Toronto and Helsinki-based vacation rental software and management system, raised $175 million in funding led by PSG.
- Lightmatter, a Boston-based photonics company, raised $154 million in Series C funding. SIP Global, Fidelity Management & Research Company, Viking Global Investors, GV, HPE Pathfinder, and others invested in the round.
- Magic, a San Francisco-based wallet-as-a-service provider, raised $52 million in funding. PayPal Ventures led the round and was joined by Cherubic, Synchrony, KX, Northzone, and Volt Capital.
- Carrum Health, a San Mateo, Calif.- based health care spend platform, raised $45 million in Series B funding. OMERS Growth Equity led the round and was joined by Revelation Partners, Tiger Global, Wildcat Venture Partners, Cross Creek, and SpringRock Ventures.
- Swing Education, a San Francisco-based online marketplace connecting schools and substitute teachers, raised $38 million in Series C funding co-led by funds advised by Apax Partners and Reach Capital.
- Cortex, a San Francisco-based internal developer portal, raised $35 million in Series B funding. IVP led the round and was joined by Craft Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, and YCombinator.
- Sana, a Stockholm-based learning and knowledge platform, raised $28 million in funding. NEA led the round and was joined by Workday Ventures.
- Beem, a Nantes, France-based energy management company, raised €20 million ($21.27 million) in Series A funding. Alter Equity, 360 Capital, BNP Paribas Development, and Cathay Innovation.
- Hyro, a New York-based conversational artificial intelligence platform, raised $20 million in Series B funding. Macquarie Capital led the round and was joined by Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures, Black Opal Ventures, K20, Hanaco Ventures, Spero Ventures, and Mindset Ventures.
- Vartana, a San Francisco-based B2B sales closing and financing platform, raised $20 million in Series B funding. Activant Capital led the round and was joined by Mayfield and Audacious Ventures.
- Atly, a New York- and Tel Aviv-based social mapping platform, raised $18 million in funding. Target Global, Tal Ventures, and FKA Brands invested in the round.
- Sami, a São Paulo-based health insurance company, raised $18 million in Series B funding. Redpoint Ventures and Mundi Ventures co-led the round and were joined by Alumni Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Digital Horizon, and Tau Ventures.
- Deep Sentinel, a Pleasanton, Calif-based live video monitoring security provider, raised $15 million in funding. Intel Capital led the round and was joined by Shasta Ventures, Slow Ventures, UP2398, and The Syndicate.
- Predibase, a San Francisco-based machine learning platform for developers, raised $12.2 million in Series A extension funding led by Felicis.
- Alcion, a Santa Clara, Calif.-based data management startup, raised $8 million in seed funding. Walden International chairman Lip-Bu Tan, Postman CEO and founder Abhinav Asthana, DataRobot CEO Debanjan Saha, and investor Amarjit Gill invested in the round.
- Aplós, a Miami-based non-alcoholic spirits company, raised $5.5 million in Series A funding led by McCarthy Capital.
- UpCodes, a San Francisco-based code compliance platform, raised $3.5 million in Series A funding. Building Ventures led the round and was joined by PlanGrid’s cofounders, CapitalX, and Bragiel Bros.
- Hybr1d, a Singapore-based workforce management platform, raised $3.2 million in pre-seed funding. Global Founders Capital, MS&AD, 468 Capital, and 1982 Ventures invested in the round.
- UpdateAI, a Los Angeles-based customer success platform, raised $2.3 million in funding. IdealabX led the round and was joined by Stage Venture Partners, Zoom Ventures, A16z’s scout fund, and Howard Morgan.
- Riverse, a Paris-based decarbonization platform for the European industrial sector, raised €1.5 million ($1.6 million) in funding. Speedinvest led the round and was joined by Techstars Berlin, Evolem, and other angels.
- Grapefruit Health, a Chicago-based patient engagement platform, raised $1.3 million in pre-seed funding. Antler, GoAhead Ventures, Hustle Fund, Litquidity, LongJump Ventures, SUM Ventures, Sweater, The Fund Midwest, and others invested in the round.
- Axcel Learning, the education platform of Alpine Investors, acquired Dion Training, an Orlando-based IT certification exam prep company. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Tech24, backed by HCI Equity Partners, acquired Total Mechanical Repair Services, a Brookhaven, Miss.-based repair services, preventative maintenance, and installation provider for commercial kitchens. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Trinity Hunt Partners acquired a majority stake in Centricity Research, a Columbus, Ga.- and Toronto-based clinical research services provider. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Future-proofing your firm
Productivity and efficiency gains haven’t come easily to some capital markets firms during the pandemic - yet 80% of dealmakers agree that internal technology is the answer to remaining competitive. Will the new normal force dealmakers to change? Download the guide.
- RIBBIT acquired ValidiFI, a Boca Raton, Fla.-based fraud, compliance, and risk mitigation solutions provider. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Schmid Group, a Freudenstadt, Germany-based advanced electronics manufacturing techniques provider, agreed to go public via a merger with Pegasus Digital Mobility Acquisition Corp., a SPAC. The deal values the company at $640 million including debt.
FUNDS + FUNDS OF FUNDS
- Integrum, a New York-based investment firm, raised $1.1 billion for a fund focused on companies in the financial and business services sectors.
- CoVenture Management, a Miami-based alternative asset management firm, hired Joe Iraci as managing director and CCO. Formerly, he was with Adherence.
- Stonepeak, a New York-based alternative investment firm, hired Michael Leitner as a senior managing director. Formerly, he was with BlackRock.