The Role of Business in A Disrupted World
The Fortune CEO Initiative is a membership organization bringing together CEOs of companies that are committed to addressing business excellence, diversity, and major societal issues as a core part of their business strategies. Our annual meeting brings together members for collaborative discussions focused on the Initiative’s core themes and the shared belief that infusing broader purpose into corporate strategies is increasingly important in attracting and motivating talent, deepening bonds with consumers, and steadying corporate reputation.
Participation is by invitation only. For more information on joining, email CeoInitiative@fortune.com.
Fortune is committed to a safe environment at our live conferences and events. We are closely monitoring guidance issued by the CDC and all local and state authorities, and working with our partner, International SOS, regarding specific precautions and requirements. To participate in Fortune live conferences and events, all attendees, speakers, and other participants must be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations (meaning they have received all doses in the primary series and one booster, when eligible). Proof of up to date vaccination status will be required. Accommodations will be made for attendees in accordance with the law.
2022 Annual Meeting
The world has undoubtedly entered a new age and is experiencing a tangled web of existential crises unlike any we’ve seen in decades. Russia’s brazen invasion of Ukraine. Rising authoritarian tides. Political polarization. Diminished democratic institutions. Unbroken dependency on fossil fuels. Cataclysmic climate change projections. Deep distrust in capitalism. Raging culture wars. The lingering battle with COVID-19 and fear of the next pandemic. These issues are exposing the many challenges of our interconnected world in vivid technicolor.
Global business leaders are acutely feeling the pressure and profound uncertainty generated by these crises. And more is being demanded of those leaders than ever before, as an ever-expanding set of stakeholders urges them to take a stand on issue after issue. How are leaders expected to navigate these troubled waters? How does industry not only make profits but also a positive impact in an exceptionally difficult new global context? There are no easy answers, but Fortune’s CEO Initiative promises to confront these challenges head-on as we examine the role of business and leadership in a disrupted world.
We will take a deep dive into these topics at our 2022 Annual Meeting:
- Leadership perspectives from Global CEOs driving innovation and transformation
- Views from government officials and policymakers working across the aisle to drive economic prosperity
- Insights from subject matter experts on the key geopolitical and business trends
- Observations from thought leaders and academics studying shifts in workplace culture
- Stories from entrepreneurs and changemakers working at grassroots levels
The benefits of membership in the Fortune CEO Initiative include:
- Participation in the annual meeting
- Virtual Calls: Occurring throughout the year, these calls provide a forum for CEOI members to share ideas and approaches with other CEOI members. Our objective is to understand how each of our members are leading, planning, and thinking in both the short and longer term.
- CEO Collaboratives: The member may participate in collaboratives to follow up on particular ideas for collective action identified at the annual meeting. Current areas include: Economic inclusion, technology for good, climate and sustainability, and workforce development. The result of high impact collective action will be featured on Fortune.com and daily newsletters.
- Video Interview: CEOI members have the opportunity to participate in a video interview series by a Fortune staffer, highlighting your business with purpose, and published on Fortune.com.
- Fortune Events: Complimentary invitations and special opportunities to attend select Fortune events, including the virtual Fortune Global Forum, Brainstorm Health, and Brainstorm Design conferences. This also includes an invitation to the Davos CEO Dinner. Several conferences can be delegated to executives from your company.
- Recognition in Fortune Magazine: Fortune will run an editorial report following the conclusion of the CEO Initiative annual meeting which will include a listing of all members.
- Premium-level access across all Fortune media platforms: In addition, your membership will include complimentary access to Fortune’s new platforms and products including subscriber-only journalism online; an immersive video portal including Fortune conferences via live stream or on demand; proprietary research each week; and subscriber-only calls.
Participation is by invitation only, and benefits of membership in the CEO Initiative extend beyond the annual meeting, and includes frequent virtual conversations. Annual membership is $16,000.
The CEO Initiative is developed with the guidance of FORTUNE editors, and the program is tailored with themes and speakers carefully selected to deliver maximum value to participants.
For Speaker Suggestions:
To suggest a speaker for the FORTUNE CEO Initiative, please complete the form at the link below. There are no exact deadlines for speaker submissions.
Please click here to submit a speaker suggestion.
Membership in the FORTUNE CEO Initiative is by invitation only, and subject to approval. Registration is non-transferable. Benefits of membership in the CEO Initiative extend beyond the annual meeting, and includes frequent virtual conversations. Annual membership is $16,000. Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel charges for all events. The staff for the event will provide more information about accommodations.
For Sponsorship Opportunities:
A limited number of corporate sponsors opportunities are available for 2022. Please contact us for more information.
For Press Inquiries:
Senior Manager of Brand Communications, FORTUNE