Kantar Worldpanel: iPhone sales in October were ‘huge’
“Apple has experienced a huge jump in sales share across almost all major markets thanks to the launch of the iPhone 6,” writes Dominic Sunnebo in a report issued Wednesday by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, the research arm of advertising-and-PR giant WPP.
Among its findings:
- A record market share for iOS in the U.K. of 39.5%, up 36% year over year
- Average 40% market share increases in the big five European markets (Britain, Germany, France, Italy and Spain).
- Falling market shares for Android in Australia, Germany, Spain and the U.K.
- A small gain of 0.2% in China even though the phone was only available for two of the 12 weeks covered by the survey.
Below, the usual country-by-country Kantar grid plus a new interactive “dataviz” showing how market shares have changed between January 2012 and October 2014.
- Huge iPhone 6 sales put Apple on course for record quarter
- iPhone 6 Plus captures 41% of US “phablet” sales