* BlackRock to Fed: Time to ease up on easing
* Salvage job: Can PE firms get anything from TXU?
* 2013 economic battle: Stock market vs. labor market
* Born to die: “Transient” electronics will transform medicine, war & more
* Morning Call: U.S. futures mixed, Europe climbs and the Nikkei flattens.
Big small deal: Bids for Billabong cut in half
* Joshua Rosner: Let’s outsource failing banks
* Peter Orszag: Diminishing returns from chained CPI
* Naomi Rovnick: Why nearly half of Chinese mining deals fail
* Wish list: How Washington could help mutual fund investors
* Eric Koester: Getting Valley attitude (no matter where you live)
* AIG: Please don’t let Hank Greenberg sue the U.S. on our behalf
* Luke Timmerman: Brain map should get way more than $100 million
* Dairy queen: Margaret Thatcher may have helped invent soft-serve ice cream
* Tweet of the Day: @LaMonicaBuzz Got to hand it to $IACI‘s Barry Diller. He helped $NWSA launch Fox in the 80s. And now by investing in Aereo, he’s trying to destroy it.
* Tweet of the Day II: @Moorehn I used to have an editor who said he was glad he wasn’t a CEO because he didn’t want to see the stock soar when he left the co. $JCP