Private equity deals

May 11, 2012, 6:17 PM UTC

Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) has agreed to sell a 65% stake in its third-party logistics unit to Platinum Equity. The deal is valued at approximately $750 million, with Caterpillar retaining the other 35% position. It is expected to close next quarter.

Lovell Minnick Partners has acquired Commercial Credit Group Inc. from Falfurrias Capital Partners. No financial terms were disclosed. CCG is a Naperville, Ill.-based provider of commercial equipment finance and leasing company focused on purchase money and refinance transactions in the construction, fleet transportation and waste industries. www.lovellminnick.com

Proserv, an energy production technology services company owned by Intervale Capital, has completed its previously-announced acquisition of Weatherford International‘s subsea controls business. No pricing terms of the all-stock deal were disclosed. www.proserv.com
Summer Street Capital Partners has sponsored a recapitalization of New England Orthotic & Prosthetic Systems, a provider of orthotic and prosthetic devices through a network of 30 clinics in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. www.neops.com

Sun Capital Partners has agreed to acquire the enterprise mobile voice solutions unit of Polycom Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM) for around $110 million in cash. www.suncappart.com

Warburg Pincus is in advanced talks to acquire a 56% stake in Indian financial services firm Future Capital Holdings from its founders, according to the Economic Times. The deal reportedly would be worth approximately $116 million. www.warburgpincus.com

Sign up for Dan’s daily email newsletter on deals and deal-makers: GetTermSheet.com