* Doomsday or Wednesday? What happens if there isn’t a debt ceiling deal
* Passed over: Elizabeth Warren doesn’t make Obama’s cut
* Jos White: European venture capital and a theory of evolution
* Morning Call: U.S. futures point lower, London opens soft, European shares sag and the Nikkei edges higher.
* Ben Protess: Twitter messages land broker in hot water
* Deutsche Bank: Welcome to the sovereign debt crisis
* Kit Eaton: How hackers stole 24,000 files from the Pentagon
* Sign up for our daily e-newsletter at www.GetTermSheet.com
* Anti-M&A: Does biotech need more companies to say independent?
* Rupert resuscitation: WSJ comes out swinging (and missing) in its own defense
* Tweet of the Day: @edyong209 Rebekah Brooks has resigned! Sky bid dropped! NotW extinct! Only four horcruxes left to go and Murdoch will be mortal again!